Hello there, peeps!
Yeah, I know this is late (again, I'm notorious for that) and my only excuse is that I was busy. But enough about me, let's get on with the fun!
You should be finished with the book, and for those of you who have never read it, be warned; there may be spoilers in the journal and/or comments!
And NOW, Our Discussion Questions!
- Do you like that the story is told through letters? Do you feel you know the kind of person Charlie is? His friends and family?
- Why do you think Charlie wants to remain anonymous? Have there been times when you wish you could have, or did?
- There are so many books, songs, and movies referenced in this book. What do they mean to the characters? How do they affect the way you read the book?
- THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER was (not-so) recently made into a movie, with a screenply written by the author. If you've seen the movie, how does it compare? What did they leave out, and why do you think they did so?
BONUS FUN QUESTION:
- How did you feel when Charlie realized what happened to him with his Aunt as a kid ? Do you think the author handled this revelation well? How did if affect your view of the novel as a whole?
- You've got 30 minutes a side to your blank cassette tape. What songs would you put on it to make a mix tape for your best friend? Your significant other?
We've got two great books to give to the top participant this month! We're giving away a copy of PLAY ME BACKWARDS
by Adam Selzer
and GABI, A GIRL IN PIECES
by Isabel Quintero
. Each book will also go into the end of the year's prize basket!
How do you get participation points? Make awesome comments on these journals! Participate in the end of month journal and make meaningful contributions to the discussion! You can also write a critical review (uploaded as a lit deviation) or fanart, note CRLiterature
about it, and get points for these as well. The team is keeping track of who's doing what, and we're so excited to see everyone's enthusiasm!
We will announce the winner of this month's prizes in the mid-month discussion journal for the next book, which will be a series of short stories perfect for the month of Halloween: selections from THE THING ON THE DOORSTEP AND OTHER WEIRD STORIES
by H.P. Lovecraft! It will be hosted by ShadowedAcolyte
You can check out our Book Club Schedule
to see what books we're reading next!